Designed for teachers, this resource provides an overview of Pearl S. Buck's Pulitzer Prize winning novel, The Good Earth. Information about the organizational pattern of the story, issues and themes addressed, historical background on Buck and the Boxer Uprising, and a list of research and project ideas are included in the seven-page packet.
- Preview the resource to determine if Buck's novel is appropriate for your learning situation, either as a whole-class reading or as a book circle selection
- A useful document for those unfamiliar with the novel
- The third in a series of eight resources designed for The Good Earth
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource provides a good overview of the issues raised by the novel