This The Giver: Problematic Situation lesson plan also includes:
What would you need to take care of yourself and a small baby? Using a situation inspired by Lois Lowry's The Giver, kids discuss which items they would need and which plan they would follow in order to flee from the Release.
105 Views 79 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Provide a list of possible items and supplies that kids could bring, prompting a debate over priority and importance in small groups
- Have kids choose their own problematic situation to present to their classmates based on the conflicts in the novel
- Instructions are open-ended; consider shoring up the options that kids can choose
- Fun and creative for learners of all reading levels
- A good way to engage in the text and spark discussion in your class