Dinosaurs had dandruff? Check out a short video that follows scientists at a lab as they research the flakey problem that affects more than half the human population and affected many dinosaurs as well. The researchers take scalp samples, grow a "lawn" of the fungus that causes dandruff, and then test shampoos on their samples.
- Compare the ingredients on dandruff control and cosmetic shampoos
- Go into more detail about how the discovery of dinosaur dandruff proves they were warm-blooded
- Relies on prior knowledge of genes, skin, and fungi
- Connects current science with real-world applications
- Lesson is great for traditional or flipped classes