What do a New York socialite and a panda bear cub have in common? An intriguing video from a larger playlist on mammals presents the story of America's first captive panda, Su Lin. Follow the adventurous tale from the bamboo forests of China all the way to panda conservation efforts of today.
- Make the video the centerpiece of an endangered species study
- After viewing, have the class research panda preservation costs and compare them with other endangered species programs
- The video assumes no prior knowledge of mammalian anatomy or endangered species
- The story is related in an exciting, engaging manner
- Images from the time period allow the viewer to experience the life of a female explorer in the 1930s