This The First and Last King of Haiti video also includes:
Henry Christophe—the first and last king of Haiti—presided over a free country, but one with forced labor laws. A video resource from TedEd profiles Christophe and situates him within the complicated context of the Haitian Revolution. Links allow pupils to explore current events in Haiti. Additional links connect to discussion questions on topics such as reparations for slavery.
- Create discussion questions to connect the history of the Haitian Revolution to the country's current conditions
- References to violence and suicide may be inappropriate for some individuals
- Resource requires a free account to fully access
- Ready-to-use linked resources make connections between the video and Haiti's current situation
- Resource spotlights a neglected aspect of history