While the president is perhaps the most famous politician, why did the Founding Fathers create the office? While it has evolved over time, the presidency has its roots in the American Revolution. A video resource—created for Constitution Day—outlines the history and roles of the executive branch.
- Use the video and discussion questions to evaluate the presidency, Electoral College, and presidential legacies
- Ask scholars to extend the lesson by researching the achievements and challenges of their favorite president
- Information is repetitive of other videos from the series
- Includes links to extension lessons
- Discussion questions make the video resource easy to use in class