How is it that science fiction writers have displayed the uncanny ability to predict the future? An informational video discusses the genre of science fiction and explains how it has developed. Discussions of specific texts, such as Frankenstein, and authors, such as H.G. Wells, Orson Scott Card, and Octavia E. Butler help introduce characteristics of the genre.
- Compare an older science fiction novel, such as Frankenstein, with a newer novel, such as Parable of the Sower to see how the genre has changed
- Read a sci-fi novel and identify different characteristics discussed in the video
- The video invites viewers to share their thoughts on science fiction via the comments section
- Brings in a variety of examples to help support the information given
- Uses trendy graphics and animations
- Narrator speaks very quickly