We've come a long way! Biology scholars travel back to the big bang, then follow the path of the simple organisms that led to modern Homo sapiens through an engaging Fuse School Evolution video. Content includes key events in our planet's creation and transformation, as well as how and where early human ancestors lived.
- Have the class create a timeline of events as they watch the video; be sure to pause often
- Ask pupils to explain why they think scientists have difficulty pinpointing dates for evolutionary milestones, such as man's use of tools and fire
- Briefly discuss the main eras in Earth's history so learners are familiar with their names
- The resource presents evidence for major evolutionary discoveries clearly
- Illustrations help scholars take note of physical differences between early human species