This The Evidence is “Clear”! lesson plan also includes:
Do you think you know better? Become a scientist and prove it. Scholars review the evidence for two different theories of the origins of the universe. They notice the empirical observations as well as the inferences to determine which is more likely to be true, and look at the things each theory cannot explain.
- Research any new evidence supporting the Big Bang Theory or any new evidence disputing it
- Requires prior knowledge of both the Steady State and the Big Band Theory as well as understanding spectral redshift and cosmic microwave background
- Prepare the evidence cards before class time
- Includes longer and shorter versions of the activity
- The engagement activity is related to teenagers gossiping in the hallway
- Learners may struggle to complete their parts independently