Many children's toys demonstrate energy transfer without electricity. The video highlights the drinking bird, which bobs up and down thanks to a chemical reaction. It also demonstrates other classic toys that show energy transfer without needing a battery.
- Challenge pupils to think of other non-electric toys that use energy
- Have students picture letting go of a helium balloon to explore the different facets of energy
- Connects to chemical reactions and properties of metals as well as energy; the video would fit into any of these topics
- Offers a full transcript of the video for anyone with a hearing impairment
- Applies vocabulary words in context