V-E day is almost here, the Allies are victorious! Using a video that features archival footage and photos, scholars watch as the Allies are successful, and the war in Europe is brought to a close. Learners also witness the Allies' discovery and liberation of concentration camps.
- Use the video to introduce a lesson on the end of WWII or post WWII
- Pair the video with a hands-on activity about the post-war conditions in Europe
- The video has themes of war and violence, which may not be appropriate for all age levels
- Video is a great way to introduce the last unit on WWII
- Archival footage and photos add interest and keep students engaged