This The Elements: A Visual Exploration app also includes:
Have the building blocks of the universe at your fingertips! Visually intriguing and animated, this interactive periodic table may also be the most informative chemistry tool available!
- An animated periodic table serves as the menu
- Two illuminating pages of information for each element
- Sort elements by various properties
- Sort elements by percentages contained in the universe, the sun, the earth's crust, the ocean, and even in human bodies
- Emission spectra displayed along the right edge of the screen
- Electron shells and crystal structures
- A link to the physical and chemical properties
- Detailed overview and history with quick links to other elements
- Ability to zoom in on or rotate each image
- Easy to navigate back to home page or to the next page
Comprehensive content coverage
Think of it as purchasing an all-inclusive reference book
Intuitive and easy to navigate, so a tutorial isn't necessary
Sort by different criteria
How techie do I need to be?
Use this tool as the starting point for middle school physical scientists to investigate the elements. Assign each individual a different element and have them create a brochure based on the information gleaned from it.
As a ritual, begin each day of your chemistry class by investigating an element. Begin with hydrogen, atomic number one, on day one of the school year, and progress through the periodic table one day at a time.
It may be difficult to limit learners to investigating just one element because this application is so engaging. In addition to being engaging, it is comprehensive in its coverage of each element. It is well worth the higher cost!
- Highly interactive and engaging
- Contains a tremendous amount of useful information on the elements
- Expensive for an app