This The Egyptian Book of the Dead: A Guidebook for the Underworld video also includes:
There's much more to ancient Egyptian burial practices than mummies and crypts. Viewers explore some of the beliefs that motivated the elaborate rites practiced long ago with a video that includes a description of the creation of and the purpose of the Book of the Dead.
- Include the resource in a unit study of either ancient Egypt or on burial customs in various cultures
- Flip the lesson to have class members view the video, respond to the comprehension questions, explore some of the links, and consider the discussion questions before returning for a whole class discussion
- To replay the video click the arrow on the right side of the screen
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, links to related resources, and discussion questions