This The Effects of Gold and Silver Nanoparticles on Brine Shrimp: A Toxicology Study lesson plan also includes:
Who doesn't love gold and silver? Brine shrimp, that's who! Learners conduct an experimental lesson to monitor the toxicity of gold and silver nanoparticles on brine shrimp. They synthesize solutions to expose the brine shrimp to and collect data on the outcomes.
- Have pupils graph the viability percentages to identify patterns
- Expects experience with calculating percents outcomes
- Requires time for collection and preparation of necessary materials
- Includes a sample answer key
- Provides conclusion questions to help summarize the investigation