This The Editor instructional video also includes:
The job of the editor is surely one of the most demanding in film production. Viewers of an episode from a film production playlist are introduced to the editor's many responsibilities, the history of editing, and the various types of technology used to produce the final cuts of films we see in theaters.
- Pause the video frequently to permit viewers to ask questions, clarify understanding, and make a list of those topics and technologies they would like to investigate in greater detail
- Have class members examine the various versions of the original Blade Runner and consider how the editing effects viewer experience
- The 12th episode in the Crash Course "Film: History, Production, and Criticism" playlist
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Concludes with a recap of the major ideas in the video