This The Ecology of Lyme Disease activity & project also includes:
Areas that previously included no risk of Lyme disease now have cases every year. Scholars learn about the spread of Lyme disease and the relationship with ecological succession. Then, they discuss possible solutions using the known food webs and patterns for spreading the illness.
- Update the table with more recent numbers of cases of Lyme disease
- Invite a doctor in to discuss the risk of Lyme disease in your area and how to prevent it
- Relies on prior knowledge of interactions in biological communities and ecological succession
- Provides teacher tips for implementing the lesson
- Relates a real-life problem to both science and mathematical concepts