The human body produces about 1.7 liters of saliva a day to aid in digestion. The digestive systems of different organisms are examined in a video that follows the digestive path, beginning with acids, moves to the importance of surface area to digestion, and finishes with a look at the organs involved in digestion.
- Have learners research the digestive system of a cow and compare it to a human's
- The narrator moves quickly through a lot of information; therefore, stop periodically and ask questions, allowing students to discuss with partners and the class
- Video 28 in a series of 40
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- The comparison of digestion systems between different organisms is interesting/engaging
- Interesting discussion about the appendix