Will all species follow the trilobite down the road to extinction? Discover the changing conditions on ancient Earth that led to both population explosions and mass extinctions with a video presentation. The narrator shows examples of times when life flourished, which were often followed by periods where freezing temperatures ended the lives of many prehistoric lifeforms.
- Show the resource during an evolution unit or lesson plan about mass extinctions
- Have the class research Northern Africa to learn more about the region's wealth of fossil records
- Review a timeline of eras on Earth to give learners some reference for the periods discussed in the video
- Animated organisms give pupils an idea of what early lifeforms looked like
- Presents the interesting content in a way that will engage both middle and high school scientists