This The Crusades - Pilgrimage or Holy War? instructional video also includes:
Walk your learners through the progression of the Crusades, discovering the political and religious motivations along the way, learning about such famous figures as Saladin and Richard the Lionheart, and considering the real historical impact of the pilgrimages. Try designing a single guiding question that your class members can focus on as they watch the video, as there is a great deal of detailed information provided by the narrator.
- Learners should be prepared with foundational knowledge about topic, as the narrator speaks fairly quickly throughout video
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Breaks down motivations of crusaders, as well as specific examples of successes/costs of the Crusades
- Includes maps, drawings, and animations to help illustrate concepts
- Provides a unit plan and student worksheet packet for a larger, more extensive curriculum