Get to the point of planes using an informative video lesson. A thorough lesson describes the components of the coordinate plane including the axes, quadrants, and origin. The facilitator then teaches the process of plotting and describing points.
- Create a large coordinate plane and label key vocabulary to use as visual support during the lesson
- Have learners complete the problems after each example on whiteboards as a quick understanding check
- Builds on pupil understanding of a simple number line
- The presenter uses strong mathematical language throughout the lesson presentation
- Uses memorable visual representations as well as verbal descriptions