This The Constitution: What It Says and What It Means lesson plan also includes:
Learners get the chance to act as representatives to the Constitution Convention, and must decide whether or not to recommend your state ratify the new framework. After examining the Constitution line-by-line, they consider their positions on the topic. Other activities include a structured class read-a-long to hear the story of the Constitutional Convention.
- Use activities to paraphrase the meaning of passages of the Constitution
- Have students advocate as members of a state considering whether it should ratify the Constitution and write persuasive essays
- Resource recommends reading aloud a book that is not included with the unit plan
- Resource includes instructional differentiation and rubrics
- Read-a-loud engages the class in the content of the lesson