This The Conditioned lesson plan also includes:
Discover the lovely story of Raimundo Arruda Sobrinho with your class. Over the course of the lesson, pupils practice descriptive writing, write short narratives, collaborate in small groups, watch a powerful short film about Raimundo, and analyze a quote from one of the poems in the video. The plan is well-sequenced and lists many activities to keep learners engaged for the full lesson.
- Since the video is brief, you can encourage your class to find out more about this story through research
- Read a few of Raimundo's poems together to extend the lesson
- The narration is a bit quiet in the video, so make sure you can adjust the volume accordingly
- Some learners may need additional scaffolding built in
- The video is incredibly moving and provides a rich medium for discussion
- Includes a homework assignment and questions to ask your students to spark their ideas about the topic