This The Columbian Exchange: Crash Course History of Science #16 video also includes:
Back in 1492, when Columbus sailed the ocean blue, he discovered more than a new world! Part 16 in an ongoing History of Science series explores the Columbian Exchange and other major events in the Spanish colonial period. Viewers learn about the plants, politics, and particularly potent diseases that traveled between Eurasia and the Americas during this period of time.
- Have pupils pick a topic from the video and conduct further research
- Use the resource to begin a food or agriculture study to take an in-depth look at how trade expanded our variety of food
- Students should know a little about world geography to keep up with the flow of the video
- The video is very informative and full of interesting facts
- Excellent scripting skillfully shows the relationship between science, politics, and geography in a tumultuous time