Our bodies store two types of fat: brown fat and white fat—and brown fats are actually efficient at burning calories! An episode of the ACS Reaction series compares exercise generating brown fat to shivering cold. It turns out 15 minutes of being in the cold burns as many calories as one hour of exercise!
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they watch the video
- Make a chart comparing calories burned through shivering to different types of exercise
- Consider monitoring YouTube comments if making available for independent viewing
- Provides an option for subtitles to help students take notes
- Includes a summary of the lesson as an overview