This The Climate in Numbers and Graphs lesson plan also includes:
Weather versus climate: weather relates to short time periods while climate averages the weather of a period of many years. Scholars learn about average temperature and precipitation in various climate zones and then apply statistics to construct and interpret climate charts.
- Look up the temperature and precipitation data for your city and include it in the lesson
- The advanced student option on task three requires Internet access
- Expects prior knowledge of figuring averages
- Connects historic data from major cities to the activities
- Includes extension ideas for advanced scholars