This The Chinese New Year Starts Today lesson plan also includes:
As part of a celebration of Chinese New Year, class members research the Chinese zodiac and examine the description of the personality attributes associated with the animal of their birth year. Individuals then craft a persuasive essay detailing why the sign does or does not fit them. The linked websites provide a wealth of additional activities and materials.
- Have individuals create a poster that features an image of and characteristics associated with their animal
- Invite Chinese class members to share their family traditions associated with the holiday
- While materials may be printed, each must be printed separately
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes lesson plans designed for specific grade levels, a podcast link that recommends books for teens, and helpful websites