This The Century of the Gene: Crash Course History of Science #42 video also includes:
The human genome project maps the DNA sequence of the entire human genome—not a small task! A video discusses the steps that led to the success of the human genome project. The narrator begins early in the century to communicate events that led up to the project and discusses both successes and failures in the undertaking.
- Show the video as an introduction to the human genome project
- Draw a timeline on the whiteboard; pause the video to update the timeline with significant advances as they're mentioned
- Consider monitoring comments if making available for independent viewing
- Provides an option for closed captioning to support vocabulary acquisition
- The instructor shows enthusiasm for the content, which holds viewers' attention