This The Carbon Cycle lesson plan also includes:
When it comes to the carbon cycle, the sky really is the limit. The lesson begins with observing a closed ecosystem in a bottle. Then, scholars discuss and answer questions on the carbon dioxide and oxygen cycles.
1 Collection 39 Views 24 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create more than one bottle ecosystem and place them around the room
- Have multiple sizes of containers to cover the candle and discuss how long it takes before the flame goes out and why the variation exists
- Plan ahead to make the ecosystems or to have the supplies ready for the class to make them since they include live plants and animals
- Includes deeper analysis through thought experiments
- Offers ideas for shortening the lesson if time is an issue