This The Blood Glucose Monitor lesson plan also includes:
Become a doctor for a day! Learners analyze synthetic urine and blood samples to diagnose diabetes. They use lab procedures to identify abnormal glucose levels, and, as a follow-up activity, they build a model to illustrate the interaction of insulin and glucose in the circulatory system.
- Invite a healthcare professional to speak and answer questions about diabetes
- Allow time to collect and prepare materials
- Expects a solid understanding of the relationship between glucose and insulin
- Provides both opening and closing activities
- Includes a lab handout for pupils to follow