Protecting basic liberties was at the heart of the American Revolution. However, it wasn't until after the Constitutional Convention that the Founding Fathers added a list of rights guaranteed to the people, now our most important legal document. As the video outlines its concepts, viewers see that today, the document even covers speech at schools as well as online.
- Ask young scholars to research additional court cases on the Bill of Rights to extend learning
- The video resource includes clips from others in the series
- Basic video does not presume a background in the American Constitution
- Narrator is engaging and uses relatable examples, such as court cases involving students
- Instructors need to preview the material to avoid duplication from other videos in the series