Study the giants of our universe with a video lesson. A descriptive lesson from a solar system playlist compares hypergiant stars to other bodies in our galaxy. The lesson instructor explains the origin and the composition of these amazingly large stars.
- Have pupils record any unfamiliar vocabulary as they watch the lesson
- Create a graphic organizer to record characteristics of the hypergiant stars; use to compare to other types of stars
- Requires prior knowledge of the types of stars in the universe
- Provides an extensive list of resources to consult for further research
- Includes mathematical support for the characteristics of the stars