This The Biggest Plates on Earth lesson plan also includes:
The deepest part of the ocean is the Marianas trench where two tectonic plates meet. Scholars explore plate tectonics and their boundary types by completing hands-on activities throughout the activity. Specific areas, such as the Galapagos and the Hawaiian islands, are a focus for two activities as well.
- Great activities to teach plate tectonics and boundaries
- Activity consists of five separate lessons; depending upon teacher needs and efficiency of classes, duration may be shorter than two weeks
- Quite a few different maps are necessary for these activities and linked in the materials portion of each lesson
- Part five in a series of 10
- Five separate lessons that flow and connect to teach major concepts in plate tectonics
- Activities also include independent portions that really challenge individuals