This The Big Meltdown lesson plan also includes:
Explore the world (our world) of melting ice caps. Why are these caps melting? What is the effect of melting ice caps? Dive into the ever-present issue of global warming with a resource that has learners looking at data and participating in an experiment that models how melting ice caps relate to rising sea levels.
- Research the opposing side's viewpoint of this subject, and hold a class debate
- Acquire the experimental materials ahead of time
- The math formula portion may prove too difficult for younger learners; modify the lesson as necessary
- Lesson comes with maps and images to support the claim of climate change and show data of changing sea levels
- Quick and easy to implement