An analysis of launched objects helps scholars understand general relativity in greater detail. These aren't just any launched objects, though! A video presentation describes the gravitation potential energy of satellites in orbit and how scientists make their calculations.
- Have pupils make calculations of the gravitational potentials at different altitudes of the satellites
- Post the video to a class website for learners to watch and rewatch as needed
- Expects a strong understanding of the Theory of General Relativity
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Interviews actual scientists using Skype
- Explains in detail the sources of error and level of accuracy