This The Berlin Blockade activity & project also includes:
The Berlin Blockade may not take up as much space in the history books as other events of the Cold War, but for the citizens of west Berlin in 1948—and the events to follow between the Soviet Union and the United Stattes—those 318 days were very consequential. Young historians learn more about the crisis with a map, reading passage, and several primary sources that prompt responses.
- Create an interdisciplinary unit between social studies and language arts for an extended research project
- Use as an introduction to a unit on the Cold War
- Printing the map requires access to a color printer
- Map and text are very helpful and illustrative
- Focuses on a portion of history that often goes overlooked in social studies curriculum