This The Art and Politics of Arthur Szyk lesson plan also includes:
Have you ever listened to a song that had a deeper political meaning to it? Every examined a work of art with layers of meaning? Pupils analyze the drawings of Arthur Szyk. They research the deeper meaning of several artistic cartoons from the 1930s and 1940s. Through Szyk's images, events such as the Holocaust come to light.
- Split the class into three teams and have each interpret one of Szyk's drawings
- Place large laminated copies of Szyk's drawings in front of the room before the lesson
- Lesson designed for one class period, pace time accordingly
- Resource includes teacher-led questions
- Contains printable worksheets for classroom use