This The Americas and Time Keeping: Crash Course History of Science #5 video also includes:
Time, time, time ... see how it shaped an entire culture! Science scholars discover the mysteries of the Mayan and Incan cultures during the fifth video in a History of Science series. The narrator shows how these time keepers developed a calendar system that spanned millions of years, as well as their contributions to astronomy, agriculture, and hydrology.
- Make the video an interesting opener for a lesson about the relationship between heavenly bodies and timekeeping
- Have time for more about the Mayan prophesies? Take learning further with a documentary
- The complex calendar system can be a little confusing; show some examples
- Mayan mysteries, many of which are still unsolved, are captivating and engaging
- The resource illustrates significant contributions to scientific progress throughout the Americas