Sometimes in science mysteries remain mysteries for a long time! The discovery of diffuse interstellar bands happened nearly 100 years ago, yet it took until 2015 for scientists to understand a single band. Pupils learn about the discovery of more than 500 of these DIBs and the 2015 experiment that led to the understanding of one of these bands in an engaging video lesson presentation.
- Pair with additional videos from the same author to create a lesson on space phenomena
- Post the lesson for independent viewing
- Requires an understanding of carbon bonds
- Uses models to help learners visualize the phenomena
- Includes an option for closed captioning