This That’s so Meta(cognitive)! video also includes:
Explicitly teaching metacognition strategies to pupils sometimes affects their learning potential. A PD video lesson from the Good Thinking series explores the concept and offers strategies for teachers to incorporate in their classrooms. Instruction focuses on how to motivate learners to seek deep understanding rather than rote memorization.
- Use the lesson to address issues with long-term retention
- Create a list of strategies that fit with current instruction methods
- Appropriate for viewing individually or in a group
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Offers a professional development discussion guide
- Includes links to relevant research