This That Doesn’t Sound Right to Me activity & project also includes:
Does pajamas rhyme with llamas to you? If it does (and even if it doesn't), an online lesson on rewording poetry for regional pronunciation may be helpful for you and your students.
5 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use in a poetry class or club when discussing hints for improving rhyme scheme
- Have learners brainstorm words that are pronounced differently in various regions
- Most appropriate for older or advanced poetry writers, as adjusting wording for dialectical pronunciation may be too sophisticated for beginners
- Lesson requires Internet access
- Provides several ways to adjust a rhyme scheme or syllable count