How can a chemist tell what gas a chemical reaction produced? Part two of a ten-part series prompts pupils to discover a number of simple tests that can reveal the identity of a gas. The video reinforces the concepts of solubility, combustion, and acid-base reactions in a very relatable manner.
- For a fun formative check, perform one or more of the demonstrations shown in the video; have the class describe which gas was present and how they were able to come to that conclusion
- Learners should have prior knowledge of gas properties, litmus paper, and types of chemical reactions
- Classmates with auditory disabilities would benefit from using the subtitles
- Each test is thoroughly explained using grade-level appropriate language
- The video contains an embedded pause to allow for some class discussion