This Testing a Hypothesis activity & project also includes:
Are sickle cell disease and malaria related somehow? Scholars learn about both illnesses and the hypotheses that they are related. They discuss, view a video, and answer questions to demonstrate understanding. The resource includes an answer key as well as discussion topics and teacher tips.
- Share the questions before viewing the film The Making of the Fittest: Natural Selection in Humans
- Invite a doctor to speak to the class about sickle cell anemia
- Relies on prior knowledge of inheritance, traits, and genetics
- Designed for Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core standards, AP Biology standards, and IB Biology standards
- Encourages higher level thinking skills