What is temperature, and why are there three different temperature scales? Young scientists learn the true nature of temperature with an informative video. The narrator discusses all three temperature scales and the relationship between temperature and kinetic energy.
- Use the resource to the Kelvin scale before beginning the Gas Laws
- Show examples of Fahrenheit temperatures and their corresponding Celsius and Kelvin temperatures to give students some perspective
- Explain the conditions present at absolute zero for learners that are not familiar with them
- Side-by-side comparison of the three temperature scales is helpful for pupils unaccustomed to using the Celsius and Kelvin scales
- Illustrations and graphs present the concept of temperature as an average of kinetic energy of particles