This Temperature, Salinity and Water Density activity also includes:
The difference between sinking and floating may be a little salt. Young experimenters analyze the effect of salt and temperature on the density of water. They use their results to predict the effect of climate change on ocean ecosystems.
4 Views 6 Downloads
- Expand the experiment to a variety of liquids to compare with the water results
- For a quantitative analysis, have pupils collect mass and volume information to calculate densities
- Expects a solid understanding of density
- Adaptable to a range of grade levels
- Provides reflection questions to help process results