This Temperature Conversions assessment also includes:
Complete two conversions at once using compositions. Pupils use the conversion formulas for temperatures to calculate a formula to convert directly between Kelvin and Fahrenheit. Classmates determine the meanings of composition notation find the correct composition order.
- Find a table of conversions from Kelvin to Fahrenheit to see if the calculated conversions make sense
- Lead a discussion on how to find inverses without performing the arithmetic
- Class members should understand compositions
- Shows two different approaches to answer part d
- Requires the interpretation of compositions of functions
- The second solution method writes a mixed number as a product