Many scholars know weight is actually a measure of gravity, so what is temperature? The video explains that temperature is a measure of kinetic energy. It connects the concept of how water evaporates when heated with how water evaporates at room temperature.
- Set out three cups with equal amounts of water: one in a warm, sunny place, one in a location at room temperature, and one in a cool place; record the rates of evaporation
- Learn how digital thermometers work to measure kinetic energy and how that varies from mercury thermometers
- Relies on prior knowledge of particles and kinetic energy
- Includes a full transcript to assist with note taking
- Short length helps maintain pupils' attention