This Teen Relationships lesson plan also includes:
Collaborative activities teach adolescents to talk comfortably about teen issues. Class members identify eight factors of healthy relationships among friends, family, and boyfriends/girlfriends. These factors are then used to help compare and contrast healthy and unhealthy relationships.
- Make sure to post rules and norms
- Put into place a respectful and non-judgmental environment before starting lesson
- Requires Post-it® notes and chart paper for activities
- Consider sending permission slips home and informing the the school counselor or nurse prior to teaching this lesson
- Activities are engaging and informative
- Education and awareness materials are not included; however, they can be obtained using the website and phone number located in the resource