This Teaching Julius Caesar: A Differentiated Approach unit also includes:
While the themes of Julius Caesar may appeal to most readers, the act of reading the play can be a challenge. A unit plan related to the popular play by Shakespeare provides lesson plans and activities designed for differentiated instruction. Each lesson contains multiple activities that appeal to different learning styles and also includes clear objectives to guide learning.
- Scaffold learning by modeling how to write the various assignments contained within the unit
- A suggested calendar outlines how to teach each act
- Full book is available for purchase via the NCTE website or Amazon
- Provides activities related to eight core competencies: diction, reading, characterization, plot analysis, questioning, writing as a process, persuasion and literary analysis, and figurative language, rhyme, and iambic pentameter
- Introductory material contains information related to practices such as close reading and differentiated instruction
- Organizes lessons by act, but not by scene