T.E. Lawrence, better known as Lawrence of Arabia, is a legend in movies and popular imagination who was charged with breaking Ottoman rule on the Middle East. Yet, Lawrence's own words were prophetic in forecasting the foolishness of the British plan to carve up the Middle East after the Great War. Unraveling the complex piece of history, an intriguing video biography covers the exploits of a larger-than-life military hero.
- Using the video as background, ask young historians to ponder the effects of British colonial rule on the Middle East
- Part of Who Did What in World War I? video biography series
- Contains pictures of executions and other graphic images
- Covers the complex questions of British colonialism in a clear way that is accessible to a variety of learners
- Intriguing pictures and quotes engage viewers
- Video biography promotes another YouTube channel in the script
- Political ads interrupt instruction