Tardigrades are microscopic organisms (0.5 mm long) with segmented bodies and four pairs of legs, each with four to eight claws. The narrator of this video explores tardigrades, organisms that can survive the most extreme environments imaginable. Their abilities to withstand extreme pressures and temperatures make them the perfect species to research and learn from.
- Allow pairs to explore the panspermia hypothesis further
- Have learners research tardigrades and share their findings with the class
- Video finishes at 4:00 and rest is advertising
- Engaging video due to topic (not many have heard of tardigrades)
- Uses high-quality images and graphics, adding to the interest of the video
- Video is short, so it is easy to incorporate into a lesson